100 Content Writing Ideas for Engaging Blog Posts
100 Content Writing Ideas for Engaging Blog Posts
I’m often asked about my thoughts on SEO and my initial response is that traditional SEO is dead (LINK). As the army of SEO experts descends upon my comments section, don’t get me wrong, SEO is still a very important ingredient in building your website and you need strong SEO governance (LINK) when composing your content. I think that traditional SEO has merged into content marketing and it’s your overall content strategy that will improve your positioning and rankings in the search engines.
Unfortunately, it is in developing content on a regular basis is where most websites come unstuck. To help with your writer’s block I have created a list of # useful content ideas, part one is below or jump to part two now.
Promotional Blog Post Ideas
Starting at the top, let’s introduce your business with a couple of well-placed blogs that will help people to get an understanding of who you are, what you do and why you do it.
- What sets your company apart?
- What is your company’s history?
- Where do you see your business in the next 5 years?
- What sets your company apart from your competitors?
- What would you recommend your customers do in the first few weeks of using your product?
Share the Wins Blog Post Ideas
Share the wins and your positive news stories; don’t be afraid to yell your successes and those of your customers from the rooftops.
- Share a company update.
- Share a product update.
- What are some tips you can share for using your product?
- Share a case study.
Featured Products Blog Post Ideas
Talk about all the key features and attributes of your products; explain how people can use your product and some key takeaways that your customers might not know about.
- What is the problem that your target customer has, that your product solves? Present the solution.
- How does your product compare to other products?
- What is a creative use of your product?
- What products or services can you compare and contrast against?
Featured Customers Blog Post Ideas
Get your customers involved, not only are positive reviews a great way to build new business, it’s also a great way to get valuable insights into your product and its market fit.
- Can you feature your customers?
- Create a helpful checklist for customers.
- What question can you ask your users? Create a survey or quiz.
- Start a challenge for your audience to participate in.
Fun Blog Post Ideas
Add some personality to your business with some fun blog post ideas:
- Are there any funny posts or videos you found lately that you can share?
- Can you share a recent travel experience?
- Anything unique or funny happen at the office this week?
- How did you decide to start your business?
- What are your hobbies outside of work?
- Create a list of inspirational quotes for your industry.
- Have you considered doing a video blog?
- Share a story.
- Create an infographic.
- Create a parody.
- Can you share something from behind the scenes?
- Announce a contest.
Timely Blog Post Ideas
Be sure to stay on top of your industry trends and post on topics that are closely aligned with your business, this will ensure that you are seen as an influencer in your industry.
- What is your favourite piece of industry news that you’ve come across recently?
- Is there a new product you can review?
- Have you read any Twitter posts lately that you feel deserves a longer response?
- Are you attending a conference where you can share your highlights from sessions?
- What are the biggest trends in your industry?
- Have you thought about sharing a list of top influencers to follow in your industry?v
- Read any great quotes lately? Compile quotes on a specific topic.
- What are the best blog posts you have read lately? Make a compilation.
- What statistics or research are your customers interested in? Curate it for them.
- What are the most popular posts you have written? Share “the best of” your blog.
Controversial Blog Post Ideas
Be strong and take a stand on a topic no matter how controversial. Justify your reasoning and invite replies to get the conversation started.
- Is there something that has frustrated you recently? Talk about it.
- Write an open letter to someone or a company.
- What are you particularly passionate about within your industry?
- How are the legal activities in your country affecting your business?
- What type of customer email are you most frustrated with?
- Summarize a modern debate and give your opinion.
- Share a debate between two people in your industry.
- Read a blog post recently that you disagreed with? Share your reaction.
Thought Leadership Blog Post Ideas
As an expert in your field and industry leader, provide some thought-leadership and provide some insights and advice about your chosen field.
- Do you have any predictions for the future of your industry?
- Is there an industry leader or influencer you can interview?
- Have you thought about reaching out to multiple experts for their thoughts on a specific subject?
- What type of things do you review to determine quality in your industry?
Educational Blog Post Ideas
Helping people solve a problem, to share some insight or provide guidance and recommendations will help you connect with a loyal audience.
- Can you walk your audience through a process, step by step?
- What are some of the common questions that people ask when they email you?
- What are some questions that people should be asking you, but aren’t?
- What are some terms in your industry that need explaining?
That brings us to the end of part one “Content Writing Ideas for Engaging Blog Posts“. Part one focused more blog posts that talked about your business, products and services. Let me know what you think and leave a comment below. Or let me know if there is a tip or trick that you do that I should include. Next up is part two “Content Writing Ideas for Engaging Blog Posts” that takes a more personal approach to creating great blog posts.
Thanks for reading!